The Application Process
The Foundation does not accept unsolicited proposals. Invited applicants are encouraged to submit a letter of inquiry or to discuss their request with staff before submitting an application.
If you are asked to submit a proposal please include one copy of the following:
- Complete George Family Foundation Grant Application Cover Page
- Brief description of mission, history, background and capabilities of organization.
- Purpose of project or program: What will be accomplished?
- Statement of Need: What problems will be addressed and solved?
- Relevance: How does the project relate to the interests of the Foundation?
- Implementation: How will the project be carried out? Workplan? Timelines?
- Collaboration: How will the applicant work with others? What are major sources of support?
- Future Funding: How will the program be sustainable?
- Staff: What are the capabilities of those responsible for the project?
- Evaluation Plan: How will results be evaluated?
- George Family Foundation support: How will this grant be used?
- A detailed project budget as appropriate.
Please attach the following additional information:
- Copy of IRS letter certifying your 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- Copy of organization's budget for current fiscal year.
- Copy of latest audit or financial statement.
- Listing of current funders.
Grant Proposals for the spring meeting must be received by March 1.
Grant Proposals for the fall meeting must be received by September 1.
Download a Grant Application Cover Page.