Frequently Asked Questions
What are the deadlines for grant applications?
The George Family Foundation does not accept unsolicited proposals. Invited applicants are encouraged to discuss their request with staff before submitting an application. Proposals should be received by March 1 for review at the spring meeting or September 1 for review at the fall meeting.
How does one become an invited applicant?
Over the life of the Foundation the Directors have developed trusted working relationships with grantees. The George Family Foundation prefers sustained engagement with grantees but remains open to a limited number of new possibilities. Therefore, the Foundation will be proactive in seeking new funding partnerships.
What are the foundation’s primary funding interests?
- Integrative Health & Healing
- Promoting integrated approaches to health and healing is at our Foundationís core. We seek to fund programs and initiatives that advance an integrated, patient-centered approach to healing, encouraging people to take responsibility for their health supported by a diverse team of healthcare providers.
- Improving society through developing authentic leaders is a passion for our Foundation. Leaders exist in every part of an organization, regardless of individual responsibilities or titles. We support programs that are developing future leaders who are authentic, values-based and empowering of the leadership of others.
- Enhancing the positive impact of religious faith and spiritual connection is important to the Foundation. We fund programs that contribute to interfaith harmony and that enrich the inner lives of individuals, families and communities.
- Giving back to the communities that nurtured our own family remains a Foundation value. Developing and sustaining vital community organizations ensures the livability of these communities; we actively foster their work. Creating community within and across funded programs is also a priority.
We do not give to:
- Endowment or capital campaigns.
- Programs in which the family has no active interest or involvement.
- Retire debt or cover operating losses.