We believe authentic leaders are people of the highest integrity, committed to building enduring organizations, who have a deep sense of genuine purpose and are true to their core values. Authentic leaders first lead themselves, then teams and then organizations.
A society led by authentic leaders who contribute fully to building compassionate communities serving people in creating a more just and functional society.
- Support programs that provide authentic leadership training to develop cross-sector business & public sector authentic leaders, with special attention to women, people of color and healthcare leaders.
- Collaborate with select non-profit organizations (especially in Minnesota) on programs that develop authentic leaders who are compassionate and attentive to serving others with purpose and authenticity.
Types of organizations we fund:
- Working in Minnesota, Dallas, Northern San Francisco Bay Area / Marin County, or Vail Valley
- Organizations offering leadership training programs that meet GFF’s criteria and definition of authentic leadership, with special attention given to programs for women, girls, people of color, healthcare and other non-profit leaders
- Leadership development opportunities for leaders from under-resourced communities, with preference to leaders in organizations that are current GFF grantees
- Select institutions of higher learning with a direct connection to the George family
To be considered for an Authentic Leadership grant, you must follow our Letter of Inquiry (LOI) process.