Transforming the health care system by promoting integrative approaches to health and medicine is a central focus of the Foundation. We envision a health care system in which practitioners work with the individual to promote optimal wellbeing in mind, body and spirit with an emphasis on prevention and the least invasive treatment possible. We fund Minnesota-based organizations and select, transformative national programs and initiatives that advance an integrative, patient-centered approach to health and wellbeing.
A few examples of our grants in this focus area include:
- Penny George Institute for Health and Healing at Allina Health, to build the Institute’s programs and establish integrative care as normative across the healthcare system.
- Mayo Clinic, to support the development of the Healthy Living Program and its extension to health organizations and individuals throughout the United States.
- Duke University, to support fellowships for the integrative leadership program through the Bravewell Collaborative.
- The Center for Spirituality and Healing at the University of Minnesota, to support fellowships for advanced practice nurses to be leaders in integrative healthcare institutions.
- Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine & Health, to support the development and launch of a new, comprehensive communications program.
At this time, we do not offer grants to support healing through the arts programs or initiatives.
2015 Integrative Health & Healing Grantees
|Abbott Northwestern Hospital Foundation
In support of the 2015 Abbott Northwestern Hospital Foundation Gala.
Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine & Health
|American Medical Student Association
In partial fulfillment of a $27,000 grant to support the HEART-Integrative Medicine program.
|Center for Spirituality and Healing
In partial fulfillment of a $150,000 grant to support the Educational Programs Expansion.
Grantmakers In Health
In partial fulfillment of a $2,000,000 grant to support the development of the Healthy Living Program.
In support of organization's general operations..
|Penny George Institute Foundation
In support of relationship-building and marketing efforts and for the Penny George Institue for Health and Healing practitioners projects.
|Second Harvest Heartland
In support of Second Harvest Heartland's Health Projects which works directly with select healthcare organizations to help people with chronic illness improve their diet.
|Total Integrative Health and Healing for 2015||
We are advancing the growth of self-care and wellbeing in our region through the Catalyst Initiative, which convenes stakeholders, offers trainings to select organizations and provides small seed grants to community organizations which help people identify ways to take charge of their health and healing. If you are inquiring about the George Family Foundation Catalyst Initiative, visit their website here.