American society is characterized by a culture of respect for all faiths and an appreciation of the importance of an inner life nurtured by spiritual practice, compassion and service beyond self.
- Support non-sectarian, interfaith and progressive non-profit organizations that develop strong, authentic leaders who will strive to build a more civil and compassionate society and promote interfaith harmony.
- Support a limited number of national programs that nurture mindfulness, spiritual and contemplative practices.
- Support a limited number of established media organizations with a national and international reach that increase public awareness of the values and inclusiveness of progressive Christianity.
Types of organizations we fund:
- Non-sectarian, interfaith, inclusive and progressive organizations that provide authentic leadership training opportunities to clergy and lay people who lead organizations.
- Non-sectarian, interfaith, inclusive and progressive organizations that nurture and support the spiritual practices of individuals and families.
- Select organizations that promote and teach mindfulness, meditation and other contemplative practices.
- Nonprofit media organizations and programs that educate and inform the public about progressive, inclusive values and practices.
PLEASE NOTE: The Foundation is not currently accepting letters of inquiry in spirituality & mindfulness through 2018, since all available funds are committed.