Ensuring at-risk youth have opportunities to realize their full potential and have a positive impact on their families, community and society.
- Fund programs that develop life skills and overall wellbeing in young people (ages 8-21) from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Fund programs that foster mentorships and develop practical skills in girls and young women.
Types of organizations we fund:
- Focus on disadvantaged youth ages 8-21, but might also serve youth from all socioeconomic levels; priority will be given to organizations that serve a diverse group of young people.
- Promote self-esteem, teach leadership skills and build resilience; priority will be given to organizations that also incorporate mindfulness.
- Work with youth over a longer time frame (years rather than days or weeks).
- Are open to all youth regardless of race, social class, economic level, etc., thus making it possible for young people to interact with others who are different from themselves.
- Gender-specific programs that build leadership, resiliency and self-esteem in girls ages 8-21.