We believe authentic leaders are people of the highest integrity, committed to building enduring organizations, who have a deep sense of genuine purpose and are true to their core values. Authentic leaders first lead themselves, then teams and then organizations.
A society led by authentic leaders who contribute fully to building compassionate communities serving people in creating a more just and functional society.
- Support programs that provide authentic leadership training to develop cross-sector business & public sector authentic leaders, with special attention to women, people of color and healthcare leaders.
- Collaborate with select non-profit organizations (especially in Minnesota) on programs that develop authentic leaders who are compassionate and attentive to serving others with purpose and authenticity.
Types of organizations we fund:
- Working in Minnesota, Dallas, Northern San Francisco Bay Area / Marin County, or Vail Valley
- Organizations offering leadership training programs that meet George Family Foundation's criteria and definition of authentic leadership, with special attention given to programs for women, girls, people of color, healthcare and other non-profit leaders
- Leadership development opportunities for leaders from under-resourced communities, with preference to leaders in organizations that are current George Family Foundation grantees
- Select institutions of higher learning with a direct connection to the George family
To be considered for an Authentic Leadership grant, you must follow our Letter of Inquiry (LOI) process.