We believe that mindfulness practices and open-hearted spirituality build love and compassion for all people and a more peaceful world.
- Foster a society characterized by respect for all faiths and appreciation for the inner life nurtured by spiritual practice, compassion, and service beyond self.
- Nurture and celebrate progressive faith-based endeavors, especially those that reach across divides and promote justice, equity, and civil discourse.
- Empower people of all backgrounds and experiences to connect with and realize the transformative value of mindfulness, meditation, and other contemplative practices.
General Guidance for Prospective Grantees
- We focus on funding organizations that are aligned with our mission and are working to address deep, meaningful needs that they are uniquely positioned to meet.
- We only fund 501(c)(3) organizations, in good standing.
- Although we sometimes fund select national organizations, we generally fund organizations working in Minnesota, Dallas, Northern San Francisco Bay Area / Marin County, and the Vail Valley.
- We are committed to funding programs that support the advancement of women and girls.
- We are NOT accepting requests for: capital improvements, endowments, or scientific research.
Specific Guidance for Spirituality and Mindfulness Focus Area
- We focus on funding organizations that are uniquely positioned to realize significant components of our focus-area aspiration (above).
Letter of Inquiry
While the Foundation does not accept unsolicited proposals, Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) are welcome. We most actively review LOIs in January/February and July/August for board meetings in June and December. If you meet the criteria listed above, please click here to start the LOI quiz.
To learn more about our grantees, please view our annual report.