We believe in whole-person health and wellbeing that nurtures all aspects of our humanity – mind, body, spirit, and community.
- Empower people to take charge of their health and wellbeing — so that all may thrive and flourish in their lives.
- Foster an integrative and proactive model of healthcare that places the individual at the center, embracing a full range of evidence-informed treatments and support.
- Ensure choice and expand access to whole-person health and wellbeing for people of all races, genders, and socioeconomic levels.
General Guidance for Prospective Grantees
- We focus on funding organizations that are aligned with our mission and are working to address deep, meaningful needs that they are uniquely positioned to meet.
- We only fund 501(c)(3) organizations, in good standing.
- Although we sometimes fund select national organizations, we generally fund organizations working in Minnesota, Dallas, Northern San Francisco Bay Area / Marin County, and the Vail Valley.
- We are committed to funding programs that support the advancement of women and girls.
- We are NOT accepting requests for: capital improvements, endowments, or scientific research.
Specific Guidance for Whole-Person Health and Wellbeing Focus Area
- We focus on funding organizations that are uniquely positioned to realize significant components of our focus-area aspiration (above).
- We do not fund “backstopping,” or covering the gap between the amount covered by insurance and the fees charged to a patient.
Letter of Inquiry
While the Foundation does not accept unsolicited proposals, Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) are welcome. We most actively review LOIs in January/February and July/August for board meetings in June and December. If you meet the criteria listed above, please click here to start the LOI quiz.
To learn more about our grantees, please view our annual report.