We believe that youth who thrive and develop their innate talents are best able to positively impact their families, communities, and society.
- Support youth from under-resourced communities to realize their full potential by leveraging their unique talents and capabilities.
- Ensure diverse opportunities for youth to explore and develop their talents.
- Encourage interactions across racial and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Submit a Letter of Inquiry
While the Foundation does not accept unsolicited proposals, Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) are welcome. We most actively review LOIs in January/February and July/August for board meetings in June and December. However, you may submit an LOI at any point throughout the year.
General Guidance for Prospective Grantees
- We focus on funding organizations that are aligned with our mission and are working to address deep, meaningful needs that they are uniquely positioned to meet.
- We only fund 501(c)(3) organizations, in good standing.
- Although we sometimes fund select national organizations, we generally fund organizations working in Minnesota, Dallas, Northern San Francisco Bay Area / Marin County, and the Vail Valley.
- We are committed to funding programs that support the advancement of women and girls.
- We are NOT accepting requests for: capital improvements, endowments, or scientific research.
Specific Guidance for Youth Development Focus Area
- We focus on funding organizations that are uniquely positioned to realize significant components of our focus-area aspiration (above).
- We focus on programs that serve youth who are high school-aged and younger
- We focus on programs that work with youth over a long time frame (i.e. years vs. days or weeks)