The Next Generation Fund (NGF) was created in 2010 as a separate and distinct grantmaking entity within the George Family Foundation.
NGF is guided by its own advisory board comprised of younger members of the George family, who aim to support the next generation of youth in communities where they live. Over the years, NGF has developed and refined its own guiding mission and vision for grantmaking.
Fund out-of-school programs that foster learning and build self-esteem and resilience through creative expression, mindfulness education and practice, and STEM engagement.
What We Fund
Organizations and programs that:
- Operate in Minnesota, Dallas, and Northern San Francisco Bay Area / Marin County
- Focus on youth, ages 5-25, from under-served and under-resourced communities
- Work with youth over a longer time frame (weeks or years vs. days)
- Primarily work outside schools (after-school, weekend and summer programs)
- Foster creative expression, teach mindfulness, or provide STEM education
- Preference for programs that:
- have board members and staff in leadership positions that reflect the communities being served
- measure outcomes on an annual and extended basis
- provide activities that involve entire families
- work with youth from all socio-economic backgrounds to encourage diverse interactions
- work intensively with girls and young women
While letters of inquiry are welcome, the Next Generation Fund does not accept unsolicited proposals. Priority is given to organizations with a direct connection to the NGF advisors.
Learn more about our current grantees.
To be considered for a Next Generation Fund grant, you must follow our Letter of Inquiry (LOI) process. This process is currently being updated, so please standby for further details.